EventCalendar 3.1

I’ve finally released the new version of EventCalendar. I’m really proud of it. It’s been updated, with better integration into WordPress and some cool new features.

Even more importantly, I’ve put loads of effort into making it easy to install and use. WordPress users aren’t always the most tech-savvy web-site owners, so it’s important that the plug-in should be as straightforward as possible. That helps the users, but it also helps me. EventCalendar is quite popular, I think there are probably about ten-thousand installations, so I get quite a few cries for help from confused bloggers. Every bit of extra usability means fewer support e-mails for me to deal with.

Many of the new features in this release have been implemented by Darrell Schulte. Without his enthusiasm, I’m not sure that version 3.1 would ever have made it.

Anyway, all the details are over on the EventCalendar blog.

Comments Feed

1. Rob said,

9 November, 2006 @ 23:58

Any documentation for upgrades? Currently we’re using 3.0.4 and do not want to lose all the old events. Thanks!

2. Damino said,

15 November, 2006 @ 15:35

Hi and thanks for this great plugin. One thing I’m not sure to understand : is it to possible to get a kind of archives page made of past events. I mean to be able to re-read the past events disable by their “event date” (and not the publish date).

Exemple : I annouce concert date in the future and I display them with the plugin … great. Now after a while I want to re-find the event by the real date of the concert.

Thanks if you’ve any idea.

19 November, 2006 @ 13:57

Damino: You want an advanced query.

4. AJ said,

20 November, 2006 @ 21:50

I have just installed event calendar for a community group’s blog and I think it will be very beneficial. Thanks for the effort in producing it. AJ

5. MarkB said,

1 December, 2006 @ 08:50

Hey.. :)

I have a problem with changing months on the calendar… I have one installed here: http://ultralounge.phathostweb.net/calendar/

When I click a month backwards for example, I get this URL: http://ultralounge.phathostweb.net/?m=200703&cat=2

But that just sends me back to the home page…?

Please advise what I need to do to fix this.. Thanks :)

6. MarkB said,

1 December, 2006 @ 09:30

nevermind that.. i realized i never had an archive.php template in there yet.. doh!

however, when I click forward or back in a month… is there no way to view the calendar for that next month, not just an archive of events during that month??

1 December, 2006 @ 10:45

MarkB: Support is through the mailing list.

8. Ben-Inside said,

11 December, 2006 @ 12:25

thanks for the great Plugin, but I got some questions:

1. How can I change the date-format of the upcoming events on my sidebar? (http://blog.ben-inside.de)
    2. How can I change the design of the date of the article (insert a new line and so on)? (http://blog.ben-inside.de/2006/12/11/frohe-weihnachten/)

11 December, 2006 @ 19:12

Ben: I’ve just added this to the FAQ. In general you should post to the Mailing List for support. I’m not going to answer technical questions in the comments section of my blog!