OkCupid tells me I’m attractive?

Perhaps they have me mixed up with someone else?

We are very pleased to report that you are in the top half of OkCupid’s most attractive users. The scales recently tipped in your favor, and we thought you’d like to know.
How can we say this with confidence? We’ve tracked click-thrus on your photo and analyzed other people’s reactions to you in QuickMatch and Quiver.
Your new elite status comes with one important privilege:
** You will now see more attractive people in your match results. **
You’ll also be shown to more attractive people in their match results.
Suddenly, the world is your oyster.

And, no, we didn’t just send this email to everyone on OkCupid. Go ask an ugly friend and see.

The bigger question is, why am I on OkCupid, given that I’m happily married? The answer is that I use it to stalk my single friends. Satisfied :)

Comment · RSS · TrackBack

1. Justin said,

6 July, 2010 @ 08:41

Good luck with OKCupid!

OT: many people have visited your blog through interest in your flood maps. I wonder, are you going to implement the requests that have been put forward to show maps with more flooding? I know many people would appreciate seeing maps which showed flooding in larger intervals (up to 300m). Is this in the works?

Thanks for your great work.

29 July, 2010 @ 06:18

@justin – yes, this is in the works.

3. goLIVEmiami said,

4 August, 2010 @ 19:30

OkCupid has some OkDisasters on there. I use it to laugh at some of the crazed photos and profiles. It’s a debate whether or not those profiles are for real when I see a guy that looks like he could be in Cheech and Chong.

4. Stig Ulfsby said,

18 December, 2010 @ 23:21

I wonder what happened to the Event Calendar. You was on your way to make a new version 3.2, but the development semmes to have stopped at beta2 two years ago. It is a great plugin, I use it in several sites. It is rather popular with 184,906 downloads. So why not complete it?

5. maria said,

1 March, 2011 @ 05:20

ok this is really wierd

6. Monica White said,

14 February, 2012 @ 07:52

Has anyone posting negative comments stopped to ask WHY they might be doing this? If you’re an attractive (wo)man on that site, you get flooded with emails on a daily basis. And it’s literally impossible to weed through all of them. This can lead to any number of bad outcomes. Why not at least try to match attractive­ness based on how the actual people on the site rate each other, and make the process a little more efficient? And anyone who acts like attractive­ness doesn’t matter, is kidding themselves­. It’s important to be attracted to your mate. I’ve been on the site for a few years, and I consider attractive­ness a “gate” you must get through. Then the real evaluation takes place (personali­ty, goals, etc).

7. Ori Firouz said,

20 December, 2012 @ 21:57

Ok, it weird cupid is probably lying :)