I’ve switched away from BT to using a VoIP number provided by my ISP. AAISP strongly encourage their customers to avoid NAT for VoIP, but I wanted to give it a try anyway. Here’s how I got it working.
Update 2013/4/10: Although this NAT set-up does work, it only seems to work for a day or two. After a while, the audio connection stops working, so the phone will ring, but there is no audio in or out or both. After playing around with it a bit, I abandoned NAT, and gave my base station a real IP address. So, you can follow these instructions, but you will probably have the same problems… Read the rest of this entry »