EventCalendar2.3

I’ve updated my EventCalendar2 plugin for WordPress 1.5 again! It’s far easier to use than it was before. A new Options screen replaces the need to configure the plugin through template function parameters. A new template function generates a list of forthcoming events.

Obsolete!

Latest version: http://blog.firetree.net/wp-content/plugins/eventcalendar31.zip

Read the latest documentation.

Documentation for EventCalendar 2.3

Latest version: 2.3.5
Released on: 12th July, 2005.

Download it here: http://blog.firetree.net/wp-content/plugins/zip/eventcalendar23.zip

EventCalendar 2.3 is compatible with WordPress 1.5.1.2. No hacks or source code editing are required. If you have trouble, first make sure you are using the very latest Wordpress code.

NEW! Try the beta release of EventCalendar3!

Template Changes: CALENDAR

Replace:

<?php get_calendar(); ?>

with:

<?php ec2_get_calendar(); ?>

Template Changes: EVENT LIST

There is also a new template function: ec2_get_events(). This shows a list of upcoming events. The function takes one or two parameters:

• limit: The maximum number of future events to list.

• date_format (OPTIONAL): A PHP date format string. If this option is not provided, then Wordpress’ normal date format is used.

EXAMPLE SIDEBAR CODE

<li id="calendar">
 < ?php ec2_get_calendar(); ?>
</li>
<li>< ?php _e('Events:'); ?>
 < ?php ec2_get_events(5,'j F'); ?>
</li>

Options:

There is a new Options screen, ‘Event Calendar Options’. The following settings are available:

• Event category: Set the category you use for upcoming events.

• Number of months: How many monthly calendars should be drawn by the ec2_get_calendar() function. This is useful for looking forward to upcoming events.

• Show all categories in calendar: Choose whether the calendars should show all posts, or just events.

• Show day names as: Day names in calendar can be abbreviated down to 3 letters (’Mon’, ‘Tue’, etc.) or just one letter (’M', ‘T’, etc.).

The first day of the week is set on Wordpress’ ‘General Options’ screen.

Stylesheet changes:

Id #wp-calendar is no longer a table, but a div that contains one or more tables. At the very least, you’ll want to change the selector for the #wp-calendar rule from:

#wp-calendar {

to:

#wp-calendar table {

Add a rule to highlight event days. There is a new class ‘eventday’:

#wp-calendar a.eventday { color:#a00 }

Publish a vCalendar

• Key: “duration”
  • Value: <number of hours>

RSS

1. Karl Bedingfield said,

27 May, 2005 @ 18:35

Great stuff – sounds just the ticket :)

I’m about to try it out :) If there are no events for the side bar listing can it say ‘No events listed’ ?

Thanks a lot Karl

27 May, 2005 @ 18:40

Good idea. I won’t make that change until you’ve tried it, just in case there are bugs that need fixing.

27 May, 2005 @ 22:36

OK. I think the teething problems are ironed out now. The latest version is 2.3.2.

4. ikoko said,

28 May, 2005 @ 04:06

i HAD SUCCESSFULLY use the “calendar”, thanks..

but..

The file vcalendar.php implements the vCalendar totally separately from the EventCalendar plugin. Place this file in your WordPress root directory. You can subscribe to the calendar at the address http://your.site.url/vcalendar.php. By default, the duration of each event is set to three hours. You can change this default by setting the variable $default_duration. You can set the duration of an individual post by adding a custom field to the post… Key: “duration” Value:

I really don’t know how to use this EVENT .. Please help me, I have done the when u said that need to open up the “http://your.site.url/vcalendar.php”, but it seems it is not working.. the events itself does not working excellent.

please help me. thanks

28 May, 2005 @ 09:18

More than one person has asked about the vcalendar file. So here’s a better explanation:

What is vCalendar? Modern calendar applications have the ability to subscribe to online shared calendars (in vCalendar format). You can use the file vcalendar.php to make your Wordpress event calendar into a vCalendar.

Instructions: Copy the file vcalendar.php into the Wordpress root directory on your web server. (This is the directory that contains wp-config.php.)

That’s it! Your shared calendar is now available at http://your.site.url/vcalendar.php. You can put this address into your calendar application to subscribe to the calendar.

I’ve tested that it works on ‘iCal’ (on Macintosh). It certainly should work on ‘Sunbird‘. I expect that it will work on recents versions of MS Outlook too, but I don’t have a copy to try it with.

If you don’t have a good, modern calendar program, then you can’t use the vCalendar feature.

6. Markus said,

28 May, 2005 @ 20:42

Hey Alex, This is great stuff!! Thanks a LOT. I tried everything … and it works like a charm. Great.

Special thanks to your example for the sidebar. I copied and pasted it in my sidebar (by replacing “your old” calendar-line) and I was very surprised about the listing from coming events under the calender. And when I discoverd how to change the number of events, what are listing, COOL !

And your integration into the option of Wordpress, simply the best.

At the moment, this plugin is perfect for me, but maybe … with the power comes new wishes :mrgreen: … then I will post theme here, and I appreciate very much, that you do also listening on users feedback. Thanks, Alex. Best wishes from Switzerland Markus

28 May, 2005 @ 22:18

I’m glad you like the plugin. I’m pretty happy with it now.

Sorry, but i don’t plan to share the firetree theme. You may like to know that I based the Wordpress code for it on Almost Spring by Becca Wei.

8. DDT said,

29 May, 2005 @ 13:34

Hello, just installed your plug-in.

It works except for the vcalendar.php. I get Call to undefined function: get_bloginfo_rss()

Could you tell me in which file the get_bloginfo_rss() function belongs. Can’t find it, just bloginfo_rss()

thnks in advance

29 May, 2005 @ 13:41

get_bloginfo_rss() is only in Wprdpress 1.5. I suspect that you must be using an earlier version. Try upgrading to the latest Wordpress code.

You can work around this problem by using the get_bloginfo() function – which nearly does the same thing.

10. corrie said,

30 May, 2005 @ 03:26

Hi, I tested it out, and it’s not showing the events by ec2_get_events

Not sure if it is something I did or what :| Any help?

11. corrie said,

30 May, 2005 @ 03:54

nevermind, i got it working. Is it possible to have the date + title in the same line?

12. Matt said,

30 May, 2005 @ 04:57

I just installed your plugin and one thing bothers me. I have a future event, and thus the calendar shows the next month at the top of it. When I click that link, it goes to an ‘archive’ page that simply describes what is in future events. Is there a way to have it just reload the page with the next month in the calendar? I have never used a calendar on wordpress like this, so I am not sure how it is supposed to work.

-Matt

13. Popophobia said,

30 May, 2005 @ 07:31

Hi, I’ve been looking for some kinds of calendar events, and I think I found the ONE. :) Thanks for the great plug-in. However, after installing, I have a thought: Do I always want the event to be displayed in index page? To hide the event from being displayed in your index page, you just have to put one more if loop on index.php file to check the category id.

30 May, 2005 @ 09:39

Matt: You mean something like the LiveCalendar? Yes I too think it would be nice for it to work like that. Right now, it works like the normal Wordpress calendar.

Popophobia: Future events are never shown on the main page. Do you mean that you do NOT want to see PAST events on the main page?

15. ikoko said,

30 May, 2005 @ 09:48

thanks a lot for your explaination.. I should wait for the vcalender – MS OUTLOOK version..

thanks :)

16. Markus said,

30 May, 2005 @ 13:23

Theme 1 Theme 2 Theme 3

Thanks Markus

17. WordPress Newbie said,

30 May, 2005 @ 22:43

I’m trying to install your plugin because I’m interested in using it on my site. After activating the plugin and replacing the get_calendar() with ec2_get_calendar() in my sidebar template, I get this error message under the option>>event calendar menu. Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ec2_get_calendar() (previously declared in …shows the full path to /wp-content/plugins/ on my server…

Do you have any ideas about what might be going wrong? Thanks for your help.

From a wordpress newbie..

18. ikoko said,

31 May, 2005 @ 04:16

Markus said, 30 May, 2005 @ 13:23 Hi Alex, this is only a not important question, just in case when I could easy change this. When you have more than one theme in a day and you switch with the mouse over this day in the calendar, then these themes appears in one line, separated with a , It would be nicer, if these two (or more) themes would displayed neatly in several lines like Theme 1 Theme 2 Theme 3 Is this possible to make? I saw your line in the plugin } else { $ak_title_separator = ‘, ‘; and I replaced the , with a ; and this WORKED!! Then I tried -naive as I am- to replace with but this works not. Is there a easy replacing, what I could do? If not, no problem, because I am more than happy with this plugin! Thanks Markus

markus.. what do u meant? please tell me.. I don’t understand and I really want this event work successfully.. please help me

thanks

19. Markus said,

31 May, 2005 @ 07:36

Hi Ikoko, sorry, I guees, my bad English… grrrr…. I am afraid, you (and maybe Alex) misunderstood ma post. It is only a minor, not an important point. In fact, it is only a thing of design. In my previous post I wrote “theme”, maybe I should say “post”. BUT Important: the great plugin from Alex works on my system very good and I am very happy with it. The only thing, what I do not use (and what might interesse you, ikoko), is the vcalendar. Why not? Because I do not need it really and I do not understand fully. So this vcalendar I leave (at the moment).

I try again, what I wrote: When someone post a “theme” (a new posting, NOT a comment), then I can see this posting, when my mouse stays in the calendar on this day, a white small square says something like “the birthday-event”. Now, when we have a second posting in the same day, then in the white square is for example: “the birthday-event, My boat-trip”.

What I asked is, I would like tho have it in this way in a white square:

the birthday-event My boat-trip

I saw this once in a wordpress, and find it better readable, but could not find it and hence I asked here. Like I said: it is only a thing of design. My blogg: http://www.sinusbild.com/blogxx/

Thanks – Markus

20. Popophobia said,

31 May, 2005 @ 10:44

Alex: Yes, I meant so. Otherwise, I think it would interfere with the blog. However, I can always set up a category where the events counts… It requires some changes in the source code (feed from 2 or more categories, not only one like yours). I think users would have more options (whether to display the past event or not)… Just some thoughts. I can do it my own. But I just want you to improve your work.

Thanks again for the great plugin. I was looking for one. :)

21. Matt said,

31 May, 2005 @ 12:08

Alex,

Yes, exactly like Live Calendar. I am assuming it would take a lot more effort to try to encorporate this extra plug-in into EcentCalendar? I may try later, but will probably fail. Do you have any other suggestions?

-Thanks, Matt

22. Rudi said,

31 May, 2005 @ 16:06

Hi, is there an german version of the calendar? I need Month- and Day-Names in german, is there any easy way or should i just change the names in the code?

thanks

31 May, 2005 @ 16:22

Hi Rudi: The plugin takes the day names from Wordpress (arrays $weekday_initial and $weekday_abbrev). If you get Wordpress’ localisation correct, then these values should be correct too.

The EventCalendar2 plugin has the correct hooks for localisation of its strings (the Options panel, for example). The gettext domain is ‘ec2′. If you would like to translate the plugin, then everything is ready for you to start.

24. Aja said,

31 May, 2005 @ 16:34

Hi. I’ve installed the plugin just as it says and when I go to the event calendar tab in admin, none of the options display. It just says event calendar. Am I missing something? Thanks.

31 May, 2005 @ 16:45

Aja: No, I don’t think you are missing anything. Once you activate the plugin, the Options panel should appear. Are you sure that you are running the latest version of Wordpress?

26. Aja said,

31 May, 2005 @ 18:55

Hi Alex. I am running the latest version, so I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’ve tried reinstalling the plugin and everything. Is there a way to manually edit the code to get it to work?

31 May, 2005 @ 19:22

Aja: Since you’ve not told me anything but “it doesn’t work”, there is no way for me to diagnose the problem. Here’s a list of the versions I’m using (On Debian testing):

• Wordpress: 1.5.1.2
    • EventCalendar: 2.3.2
    • PHP: 4.3.10
    • MySQL: 4.1.11

If you’ve checked all of these version numbers, then here are a few other suggestions:

• Are you using a non-English version of Wordpress?
    • Try disabling all of your other plugins, to see if the problem goes away.
    • Try looking in the HTML code generated for the EventCalendar Options screen – are there any errors reported?
    • Anything in your web-server error log?
  28. Aja said,

31 May, 2005 @ 19:58

Hi Alex. I feel like such a dummy now. I didn’t realize there was a newer version of Wordpress. I only had 1.5, not 1.5.1.2. Thanks for your help.

29. Aja said,

1 June, 2005 @ 04:14

Hi again. I got everything to work fine, except when I click on a link in the calendar for a future event, it takes me to a page that says there are no such posts. I think it’s because the archives aren’t displaying future posts. What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks for your help.

1 June, 2005 @ 06:51

Aja: Glad you fixed that problem. I didn’t realise that EC2 was so dependent on very recent WP changes.

Future posts certainly should show up when you click on them. Have you tried the list of suggestions in my last post? Are your event posts in more than one category? What happens when you show the whole Events category: Do future posts show up there?

31. Aja said,

1 June, 2005 @ 18:40

Well, I found the problem. I’m using a plugin called “category visibility” and I had set the events category to display everywhere but the front page. I thought since it was set to display on the archives page, it would still work, but apparently you can’t do that and get the calendar links to still work. Thanks again for your help.

3 June, 2005 @ 13:01

I’ve fixed an incompatibility with Alex King’s Popularity Contest plugin. The new version is 2.3.3. Thanks to Karl Bedingfield for reporting the problem.

33. Geren said,

3 June, 2005 @ 21:39

Alex,

I’ve just installed, and am having a slight issue — actually, it’s rather major. I’m running the latest, greatest verison of WP, and everything else is up to snuff, version-wise. However, when I click on the EventCalendar tab under Options, I get the options page for another plug-in! (in this case, PhotoPress). Help”?

4 June, 2005 @ 00:03

Geren, This appears to be this Wordpress bug: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/902. It’s supposed to be fixed in version 1.5.1, so imagine they would be interested to hear your bug report.

I’m using version 1.5.1.1 and I do NOT see the problem you describe.

35. ian said,

7 June, 2005 @ 13:59

I’ve installed eventcalendar32 with WordPress but I can’t figure out how to get events to appear. I have an “Events” category, and the option is set to take entries from this category, however nothing appears.

I think the problem might be that I don’t know how to set the “future event” timestamp properly. I’ve set the “Edit Time” field to a date in the future, but it doesn’t seem to work — it is just listed as a “Scheduled Entry”. You can look here:

There are, in fact, 2 “Events”, but one is in the future, which is exactly what I want for a calendar. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

7 June, 2005 @ 18:47

Ian: Well, it seems to work now. All I did was save options on the Event Calendar Options screen. It seems that the plugin can’t get default options properly before they’ve been set.

Thanks for reporting the bug.

37. Duane said,

8 June, 2005 @ 00:50

Installed events calendar on the latest WordPress version. The calendar shows up fine. The problem is when I go to the options tab it takes me to /wp-admin/eventcalendar2.php, which returns a 404.

Any ideas what’s up with that?

38. Duane said,

8 June, 2005 @ 01:22

Well, for some reason it works now. Don’t know what I did.

39. Alf said,

10 June, 2005 @ 12:01

First, congratulations on a very fine piece of work!

But much want more, as we say in Norway. I have 2 questions:

When we have an event next monday 5 o’clock, we want the link in ‘upcoming events’ to have the fancy hover title already there, ‘At 5 pm’ (would be nice though, if this string could look up the localisation, the Norwegian version would be ‘Kl 17:00′).

BUT, we’d also like the post to be visible ALL monday, not only from 5 pm onwards. I’ve been unable to figure out how to do this. Would it be possible to have the Events Calendar add a field in the ‘write post’-section of wordpress for the time (maybe even the duration!?) of the event?

And, if I create an event category and so sets event calendar to show all posts, all posts EXCEPT for those saved as ‘event’ will show up…

Well, keep up your good work!

40. Jared L. said,

12 June, 2005 @ 17:53

Wow… it’s really nice work. Now that I can make use of future events. Thanks mate! And keep up the good work!

41. Cujo said,

21 June, 2005 @ 00:26

Great plug-in exactly what I’ve been looking for. Only small question:

Is there a way to get it so that my events don’t appear as posts? Basically I’m using WordPress as an online interface for my slo-pitch team and using the EventCalendar as our schedule — all of that works fine, except when we have a game the post appears on the page (main content area) — something I don’t want.

I have the calendar display in the sidebar and the title of events are basically the Game time and Field location we are on which is good but come 6 PM tomorrow a new post will appear on our site basically saying 6 PM – Field C which I don’t want to appear.

I think I need to sort out where WordPress gathers the posts for displaying and telling it not to grab the ID for the event field but being new to WordPress I can’t seem to find the exact location or know if this is hte exact process.

21 June, 2005 @ 01:20

Cujo: Thanks for the feedback. Quite a few people have asked if they can hide events from the front page. I’ll put it on the ‘to do’ list as an option in a future version.

43. Cujo said,

21 June, 2005 @ 01:34

Alex, thanks for the quick response. I’ll keep digging around to see if I can figure it out as well.

44. maira said,

25 June, 2005 @ 20:08

This is a fantastic plugin, thanks for making, releasing an supporting it! It is running quite well on my site (under development), and I am trying to adjust it to my needs but to no avail. First thing, I would like to show the future events ON the front page. At this moment, they can be seen on any page except that one until the date becomes present. I know, everybody wants the opposite and you said you would try to include this as an optional feature, but I wish I could tweak the code right now and get what I want… Second, my event category page is showing all posts that once were events, even when their dates have passed. How can I push them out?

25 June, 2005 @ 22:42

maria:

Do you mean that you want ALL of your upcoming events on the front page ahead of the normal posts? That seems a bit strange. Can you explain your reasons? (You know that you can list upcoming events in the sidebar with the ec3getevents() function?)

I’m working on EventCalendar3 right now, and it will fix that problem. Can you wait a couple of weeks?

-Alex

46. josch said,

26 June, 2005 @ 00:19

i like your plugin very much. :-)

can somebody help me with a modification?

to switch between the month i like to have a layout like this “>”. unfortunatly i have problems with change the code therefore.

if somebody have codesnippet for me, it will be great! :-)

grz, josch

26 June, 2005 @ 00:49

josch: I don’t understand what you mean.

Do you want to replace the “&raquo;” with a “&gt;” ? If so, then you can just search the code for it and replace it yourself. What’s the problem?

48. maira said,

26 June, 2005 @ 03:31

Alex, thanks for your quick response, I hope I can explain what I am trying to do.

Well, I am using no sidebar at all, just some navigation links. I want my visitors to see what’s going on first. Thanks to this thread Reverse order posting I have managed to hack classes.php and get my posts chronologically ordered, and using Keith McDuffee’s Category Visibility plugin I can hide from the front page every post except events; but then only the old ones are shown. By now I have a navigation link to my events and another one to a page with the event calendar and the events list, but things would be easier if the posts were on the front page.
    Can you wait a couple of weeks?
    Of course I can! I am sorry if I sounded a bit anxious, I never meant to hurry you. Your plugin is terrific as it is and it have saved me a lot of work yet. It is just that, as Markus said,
    … with the power comes new wishes :mrgreen:

49. jweaks said,

26 June, 2005 @ 20:39

Great! Thanks for a very useful plugin! Calendar is mispelled in a couple of places, but that is easily fixed. Function is perfect. -jweaks

26 June, 2005 @ 22:16

jweaks: Oops! Thanks for spotting that.

51. amory said,

28 June, 2005 @ 00:28

How would I go about hacking the file so that the days with events would link to the post, not the day?

28 June, 2005 @ 00:49

amory: Hmm. Which post would you show if there were more than one for that day? The best I can suggest is that you show all posts in the event category for that day. Add something like ?cat_id=1 to the link. (I’ve put this on the to-do list for version 3.)

53. amory said,

28 June, 2005 @ 01:20

I’m not planing on having multiple events per day, but see how that would be a problem. It probably would be much simpler to just setup an event category template that would display similar to a single entry.

54. amory said,

28 June, 2005 @ 01:40

One other question. With a multiple month setting, the months will fluctuate if you click on a later month. For example I have it setup to display three months. June, July and August. When I click on a gig in July, the three months would now be July, August and September. Is there some way the setting can depend on my server’s current date, as opposed to the dynamic date called from the WP database?

55. Karl Bedingfield said,

28 June, 2005 @ 06:34

Hi Alex,

I wondered if there are any plans for events longer that a day? So if I have a weekend event that goes from Saturday to Sunday could it display ‘Sat 28 – Sun 29 June 2005′ for example.

I don’t even know if thats even possible.

Thanks Karl

56. nebelschwade said,

30 June, 2005 @ 13:13

Hi there, I just wanted to thank you for this great plugin. I really like it and it works just fine.

57. Lori said,

4 July, 2005 @ 23:29

Great plugin!

However, I’d love to put the next/last month link line underneath the calendar. Which part of code would I need to place where to do that?

58. Aeos said,

6 July, 2005 @ 16:40

Hi I am using your plugin and ran into a problem. I have an events category, parented to nothing. I have Show events only selected but on dates where news is posted it still shows news.

Thanks.

59. designtech11 said,

8 July, 2005 @ 00:27

Hello, Thanks for your work on this plugin. I apologize for such a mundane question, but I’d really like to implement this plugin into my site…the problem is that I’m not sure where I’m supposed to add the . You say to add it to the template page, but I’m not sure what page that is. Is this template page listed as “template.php”? i can’t seem to find the right page…

Sorry for such a simple question, perhaps it’s so easy and it’s right in front of my eyes! I’m a wordpress newbie and would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance!

60. designtech11 said,

8 July, 2005 @ 00:30

woops…seems the < ?php ec2_get_calendar(); ?> comment was removed from my post. The line was supposed to say “the problem is that I’m not sure where I’m supposed to add the ec2_get_calendar()“. Thanks again for any help.

8 July, 2005 @ 00:51

designtech11: If you are using the default WordPress theme, then you need to edit the sidebar.php file. Just paste the example code into the place where you want the calendar to appear. You can always experiment until you get it right.

62. designtech11 said,

8 July, 2005 @ 00:59

Awesome! Thanks so much for the quick response, it worked!

63. DunxD said,

12 July, 2005 @ 11:11

You have a short opening tag in your code which will break servers with short tags switched off. Pretty hard to debug too!

12 July, 2005 @ 11:47

DunxD: Thanks for reporting that. I’ve fixed it now (version 2.3.5).

I’ve also fixed it in my beta version of EC3 – but I’m not going to do a new release just for that.

65. amory said,

13 July, 2005 @ 22:50

I am helping someone customize the script to display the post_content as well as other things and it looks like textile/markdown have no effect on the output. The problem lies with the user wanting to have time/cost/location … on different lines of the content box when posting, and thus normally having a <br /> tag between them. When I added the content to the events_list function these do not appear.

Is there any easy way to incorporate textile?

16 July, 2005 @ 12:41

Amory: I think that the best solution is to use EventCalendar3 with the ‘Keep Events Separate’ option. That turns the normal Events Category page into a full version of ec3_get_events() – using the normal loop in index.php instead of special template functions.

19 July, 2005 @ 14:04

New version released: http://blog.firetree.net/2005/07/18/eventcalendar-30/

68. [Lowerbounds, Upperbounds] » Events Section said,

9 September, 2005 @ 16:44

[...] I have modified the Event Calender locally so that it works with the event metadata stored by WP iCal. [...]

69. marcus said,

11 September, 2005 @ 16:49

hey alex.

fist: nice work! :)

i am using your calendar (3.0.2) and everything is fine except one thing: when i click on an event in the calendar, which i put within the event-post, it takes me to the »archive«-page of the event-catgory displaying the requested event. is it possible that it heads the user to the specific post?

i mean just simply

turning this: <a href=" … index.php?m=20050907&amp;cat=3" rel="nofollow">15</a>

into something like this: <a href=" … /wp/?p=26" rel="nofollow">15</a>

thanks for your time.

marcus

11 September, 2005 @ 17:49

marcus: Sorry, that’s not as simple as you think. Consider what would happen if there are two or more events on a single day.

71. marcus said,

11 September, 2005 @ 18:04

ah ok. i see. different posts … so i have to go with that.

another “problem” i recognized now: i changed the css a bit and when i navigate to the next month it seems to be corrupt. here just click into “termine” the iframe in the lower left. (german + just a draft)

what happened?

thanks

marcus

11 September, 2005 @ 18:27

marcus:

> what happened?

I don’t understand. It looks OK to me (on Firefox). What do you see that you think is wrong?

73. marcus said,

11 September, 2005 @ 18:32

when i click “next” or “prev” the paddinginside the td´s differs.

but nevermind. don´t wanna waste youre time. i think i´m gonna use the calendar when i figured out how to implement it correctly … ;)

so thanks for your time!! powerful plugin anyway.

cheers

marcus

74. Stephen Coyle said,

26 December, 2005 @ 22:48

Just installed the new version of Wordpress (version 2.0) and they have removed the nickname from the wp-users table which gives and error in your script now. I edited eventcalendar3.php and replaced nickname with nicename.

Cheers, Stephen

75. Mark said,

7 January, 2006 @ 15:47

Hi Alex, I just installed the calender, but events list is not working. Can you please help? Check url: http://www.indiasearchlight.com/wordpress

Thanks Mark

76. Karl said,

12 January, 2006 @ 11:07

Hi Alex,

1. I want to do a little ‘germanification’ of your wonderful script, but couldn’t find a way to change the time format (23:00 instead of 11:00 pm). It should take it from wordpress, but doesn’t.

2. Is there a simple way to auto-delete the calender-entries, that are out of date? Or is this function stil in the plugin?

Thanks Karl