The first public beta release of EventCalendar 3.1 is now available. This is a significant re-write. Event dates are now kept in their own table, so they are seperate from the post date. There is a new Ajax interface on the post edit screen that allows you to set the event date.
- Event dates are shown in their own little box at the beginning of event posts.
- Multi-day events are now supported.
HELP NEEDED! The documentation is getting unwieldy and difficult for newcomers to understand. I'd be massively grateful if someone could volunteer to improve it. Write us a web-site!
Latest version: 3.1.pre15Released on: 4th October, 2006.Download it here:
- Upload to your plugins folder, usually ``wp-content/plugins/``The plugin is on the form of a directory called 'eventcalendar3'.
- Activate the plugin on the plugin screen.Don't try to view your blog yet. First you must...
- Change settings on the Event Calendar Options screen. You must choose whichWordpress category to use for events.(Viewing the options screen for the first time also sets up the database,and upgrades events from older versions of EventCalendar.)
Add ec3_get_calendar() or ec3_get_events() to your template.
Full details are in the README.
Updated 23-sep-2006. EventCalendar now has its own Sourceforge project. You can download the latest version, or subit bug reports or patches.