Easy Ajax Album is an open source PHP script that enables you to create an online photo album in seconds. Just copy the index.php file into the image directories on your web-server. That's it! Download it here! [source]
You must have the GD module available in PHP. This is usually available, but you might have to turn it on. Check your hosting provider's documentation. If you have any problems, then please tell me so that I can improve it for the next release.
- Simple to install.
- Smooth modern user interface, using Ajax technology.
- Slide show.
- Visitor comments. NEW!!
- EXIF data display.
- Support for themes.
- No database required!
What's New in this version?
- Visitor Comments is the big new feature. Visitors can leave comments, and the administrator can delete them. Each directory has a "comments" list, which shows all the comments starting with the most recent.
- Site Name. You can now give your site a name. Previously you just had to accept that it was called "gallery". You can also define an outbound link, in order to help integrate the gallery into another web-site (such as a blog).
- Usability improvements make the site easier to navigate.
Still to come
- Search for text in caption or image name.
- Change Image Name.
- Basic Image Editing, especially image rotation.
- Screen Size Detection so that you don't have to tell it how big you want the slide-show images.
- Theme switcher. Currently you have to manually copy the theme CSS to a file called theme.css. Soon this will be configurable through the admin interface.
- Dark Backgrounds in IE. Explorer doesn't support PNGs properly, so the icon graphics look bad against a dark background. I'll fix it...