My easy online photo gallery software is now complete enough to be given a version number. Please welcome version 1.0.beta-1. Browse the example site to get an idea of what it looks like.
Easy Ajax Album is an open source PHP script that enables you to create an online photo album in seconds. Just copy the index.php file into the image directories on your web-server. That's it! Download it here! [source]
You must have the GD module available in PHP. This is usually available, but you might have to turn it on. Check your hosting provider's documentation. If you have any problems, then please tell me so that I can improve it for the next release.
- Simple to install.
- Smooth modern user interface, using Ajax technology.
- Slide show.
- Visitor comments.
- EXIF data display.
- Support for themes.
- No database required!
What's New in this version?
- Theme switcher. There are three themes in the default download. You can make your own by just dropping a CSS file into the _exa/themes directory.
- You can now rename an image.
- Spam resistant features help to cut down on comment spam.
- Improved comment management helps you clean up if a spam or two does make it through.
Still to come
- Search for text in caption or image name.
- Basic Image Editing, especially image rotation.
- Screen Size Detection so that you don't have to tell it how big you want the slide-show images.
- Even Easier Installation. It should be possible for the script to replicate itself into subdirectories that contain images, relieving the user of that chore.